Saturday, August 02, 2008

Bye Bye Ducky








Posted by Picasa



Why the random pictures of the faded blue duckie onsie? Because it is now too small...for both my boys. It may now be laid to rest, never to be worn again. Why is this suit special, you might ask? It was one of the first outfits I ever bought for my children, before they were even a twinkle in my eye as some would say. I remember taking it out and examining it, wondering what little angel would wear it and what they might look like, but mainly I wondered IF it would happen and when. After a year and a half of trying to get pregnant, finally seeing Benjamin wearing it was an extremely special moment for me. And now to be blessed with another son, even more so. Not because it was some name brand or from a boutique, (in fact, it probably came from Ross!) but because it represented a realization of a life-long dream. If someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, (after the 5th grade scientist phase had passed) I would have said a mother. I mean, this is the girl that along with her college roomie, Melissa, wanted to go as a pregnant women to the "What I want to be when I grow up" costume party! We of course didn't do it for fear of seeming too desperate, and we just knew that at any moment we might meet our future husbands! Today, among the diapers, spitup, tantrums and tears, the little blue ducky onsie really puts it all in perspective, in fact, I should probably hang it above the mantle, because some days, I need ALOT of reminding!


Hopefully John will forgive me for cramming him in it one more time to get a picture! I just couldn't resist!

5 comments:

The Schmidt Family said...

Hello sweet Bo! Isn't God so sweet to us to bless us with our dreams!! I can't believe how much your boys look alike, that Ben is 3, and the pics of how your home has changed! We need to come out and visit soon..I miss you girl! If we could go back to college again, I'd dress up as that prego girl! I'm so thankful for His blessings!

Ashley said...

They are sweet little boys! Glad you have captured so many sweet moments! Blessings, Ashley

Nancy Hicks said...

They look so sweet!!! You have 2 precious boys and they have a very precious mama. Love you, Nancy

Amanda said...

Bo, that is such a sweet post! Jackson had those same jammies and when he grew out of them I bought them in a bigger size. They were my absolute favorites. You should put them in a shadow box or something. I had to laugh about y'all wanting to go as pregnant girls because at that state in my life I might have pretended not to know you, much less be your roomie! Love you, girl!

Karah said...

Oh my goodness. You have the cutest babies!! I still can't get over how much hair Ben had as a baby. That is just crazy. John is getting so big and cute!! I can't wait to see the boys again. I never got the e-mail about the girls weekend : (