Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Three holidays behind!


Happy Thanksgiving, Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year! Thank you for excusing my blogging hiatus; even the best of writers encounter a blogger's block from time to time. :)

Okay, maybe it was more like dealing with sick kids, resistant potty trainers (I won't name any names,) trips out of town and the general holiday craziness! I debated on trying to catch up on all the holiday festivities, but maybe I will just hit the high points, or those I have cute pics from anyway.

Sending out a Christmas card every year always seems to take much more effort than one would think or have time for! Why do I feel this pressure for the perfect card? This year, as always, my husband would attest to my obsessing over the card. I had a great time creating it on my special new software (check it out here), but then decided to change the pictures a few times and spent way too much time "fussing" over it to get it just right. Then I began to stress that they would not arrive before Christmas! Double pressure!! Well I finally got them printed and Sam's gave me free envelopes! Lets add that to the myriad of reasons I love Sam's (that is a good idea for a blog I think!)

The vital key to a successful Christmas card is the perfect photo of the children. At first I had a family photo, but decided against it. It is much too hard to get a good picture of all of us. Below are a few pics of our Christmas card photo session; turned out pretty cute I think. I love seeing their little personalities and especially their love for one another.








7 comments:

Nancy Hicks said...

They are so cute!!!! I love the one in the chair outside. Your Christmas card was perfect. You can see how much the boys love each other. They have such a sweet mom and dad. Love ya'll!!!

Christi said...

I loved the Christmas card! The boys look so cute and are growing up so fast!

I hope your Christmas and New Years went well.

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, you and David have the two sweetest little boys I know. We enjoyed your card and have added it to our collection of keepers! Thank you! All the pics are adorable...How on earth do you decide??

Muchas Smoochas!
Pat (aka "Aunt Granny")

Karah said...

I was wondering where you went. I have missed your blogs and YOU! We need to get together soon.

sharon said...

The pictures of Ben and John are so precious! I love all of them...I am still waiting for my card!!! Ha! Love you all...

srkruk said...

Hey girl! Someehow I found your blog..can't even remember how I got here, but I love it! I just started blogging a couple of months ago and I'm enjoying it so far.
Loved your card...it was perfect!

The Schmidt Family said...

These boys are too stinkin cute!